Monday, January 25, 2016
Episode 102: The Intervention
This week, we're talking one of our listeners off the ledge of leaving scrapbooking! Karen Biederman kindly allows us to analyze her issues and our friend, fellow listener, Ginny Hughes, helps us give her a pep talk. We'll share 10 tips for anyone who might be thinking of breaking up with scrapping! If that's you...we hope this inspires you!
Listen at this link or subscribe in iTunes. Join us in our Facebook group to talk about all things scrappy!! We're up to 1,392 members this week!
Visit Ginny's blog here and Karen's site here (site is down at the moment).
Here are our 12 tips for talking yourself off the ledge!
1) Ask yourself "what is my reason why?" What made you start memory keeping in the first place?
2) Take a break and see if you miss it or don't take a break, just keep going and create something daily so you don't lose your mojo.
3) Quit design teams or other scrappy commitments.
4) Take classes or stop taking classes if that's overwhelming you.
5) Make your own spot - address your space.
6) Change the format you're scrapping in, try something new. If you always do 12x12 pages, try 8.5x11 or 6x8! If you only do Project Life, try layouts and vice versa.
7) Don't overthink scrapping - shut out the voices of everyone else's opinion.
8) Change your buying habits. If you are buying too much, stop and use your stash. If you're not getting new product at all, join a kit club!
9) Get off the internet if you're overwhelmed by all the ideas or it's keeping you from scrapbooking or get on the internet if you need inspiration.
10) Stop scrapbooking and just journal.
11) Take great pictures!
12) Ask yourself, how would I feel if I was not a scrapbooker?
Thanks for listening!!! Go and be crafty. :)
Tiffany and Tracie